No Sew Quilted Christmas Baubles – Beginners
Some materials included. Please see below for more details.
Duration: 4 Hours
Date: 2nd December 2019
Time: 9am – 1pm
Location: Lang room, All Saints church, Rockwell Green, Somerset, TA21 9DH
8 in stock
It’s the beginning of December and once you get your Christmas tree up, you’ll need a beautiful handmade bauble for it or to make as a gift. Although it looks like a complicated quilted design, there is no sewing involved – only fabric folding also known as fabric origami involving approximately 4 simple folds and pins. This technique can be made in one or multiply colours of your choosing, of which you will need to bring with you.
So that you can make a bauble to suit your taste, please bring the following:
- The equivalent of half a metre of light weight cotton or similar fabric in one or more colours (maximum of four). It is important that the fabric is lightweight as it will make working with it much easier however, translucent fabric is not suitable or advised.
- One metre of matching or contrasting ribbon of 1cm or 1.5cm wide.
All other materials and tools required will be provided including festive refreshments and background music.
In this class you will learn…
- How to mark up your bauble in preparation of ‘quilting’.
- How to create different quilted designs.
- How to pin and cut fabric for the design you choose.
- How to finish off with ribbon and a bow.