Victorian Needle Tatting Class – Beginners- COMING IN 2020
Includes Materials (excepting framing)
Details to be confirmed for 2020
Out of stock
Tatting was at the height of popularity during the Victorian era. It is a form of lacemaking using either a tatting needle or shuttle to create a series of ‘loops’ and ‘bridges’ that form the lace. Inspired by the radical and life changing movement of Romanticism, which focused on creating unique pieces inspired by nature in a time of industrialism, this course teaches you the basics of the art while creating a beautiful floral piece of your own.
Alongside learning to tat, you will be immersed into the times with Victorian music, cake from a traditional recipe and gain inspiring insight into the history and origins of tatting.
In this three week course, you will learn to…
- Hold your needle and thread
- Create your first loops and bridges
- Read tatting patterns and diagrams
- Create a variety of flowers using different techniques
- Putting the pieces together to create a final piece ready to be framed